Village Manager Opening
A complete job description and application package can be found here.
In general, the Village of Martin’s Additions (Village) Manager is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Village and ensuring compliance with applicable Federal, State, County, and Village laws, regulations, ordinances, and policies. His/Her wide range of duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Assists Village residents with their inquiries courteously and timely for matters within the Village Office’s purview.
- Directly manages Village staff and administers contracts with Village service providers (e.g., building administrator, legal counsel, et al), performing contract and performance review, as appropriate.
- Generates, coordinates, and often executes internal and external communications (e.g., e-mails to the Council, residents, and intergovernmental partners; printed materials; the Village website; etc.) in furtherance of the Council’s goals and in support of intergovernmental and legislative affairs as required.
- Manages and supervises Village public works projects (e.g., refuse removal, snow removal, street repair, right-of-way maintenance, tree maintenance, etc.).
- Participates in the preparation of the annual budget for Village Council consideration; reviews invoices; and manages the process required for their timely payment in accordance with the Village Charter.
- Compiles and maintains the Village’s official records (e.g., meeting minutes and agendas; budget documents; directories; resolutions; amendments to the Village’s governing documents; and contracts).
- Coordinates with local utility companies (e.g., Pepco, Washington Gas, Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission, Verizon, and Comcast), contractors, and State and County organizations as they proactively or reactively plan work in the Village.
- Processes Village-issued permits as required by the Village Code and monitors permitted projects to ensure compliance.
- Supports Village events, including Council meetings, committee meetings, public celebrations, and other related activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned, amended, and otherwise introduced by the Village Council.
The Village of Martin’s Additions is a municipality of approximately 325 houses in the Chevy Chase area of Maryland’s Montgomery County. A five-person elected Council governs the Village and it hires a Village Manager to which it delegates duties consistent with the Village’s governing documents.
The Village of Martin’s Additions is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Post Date: 4/12/2019
The Village of Martin's Additions is seeking a full-time Village Manager. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. To apply, please submit (1) a cover letter/email; (2) a resume; (3) a list of references with their current contact information; and (4) a signed copy of the attached statement (also below) to VMAmanagerapplications@gmail.com in a single email. Incomplete application packages will not be considered. No phone calls please.
NOTICE TO APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT
UNDER MARYLAND LAW, AN EMPLOYER MAY NOT REQUIRE OR DEMAND, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYMENT, OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, THAT ANY INDIVIDUAL SUBMIT TO OR TAKE A LIE DETECTOR OR SIMILAR TEST. ANY EMPLOYER THAT VIOLATES THIS LAW IS GUILTY OF A MISDEMEANOR AND SUBJECT TO A FINE NOT TO EXCEED $100.
(Md. Code, Labor and Employment Art., Sec. 3-702).
Applicant's Signature Date